Devialet Flagship Assistant Store Manager
Full-time contrat based in New York, SOHO
Devialet is a French audio tech company created in 2007. Devialet is now the international leader for high-end amplifiers and has become a market leader on the audio industry thanks to the continuous and revolutionary inventions made in audio engineering.
Devialet invented a breakthrough amplification technology: ADH® - now embedded in all Devialet products. This major innovation provides a distinct and flawless sound reproduction, with no distortion and no background noise even at the highest volume, and allows the best measurable audio performance on the market today. Devialet's second technical breakthrough is called SAM®, for Speaker Active Matching: by knowing the speakers connected to the Devialet, SAM® computes for low frequencies a signal that allows the sound to be an exact replica of the recording.
Manufactured in France with industrial partners specialized in the luxury as well as the aerospace industries, a Devialet is a unique product, not only in sound but also in its stunning design. A Devialet product gets better every year, through a simple firmware upgrade - for free.
Devialet was founded by four friends, all successful entrepreneurs in the fields of electronics, design, strategy and marketing. Within six years since its first product was launched in 2010, Devialet turned from 5 to 200 employees worldwide and raised app. $60M, including $40M from four renowned French IT and luxury entrepreneurs.
Devialet products are now sold at +500 high-end audio dealers worldwide. With 60 highly qualified engineers and 102 patents protecting its technologies, the best is still to come. Devialet's headquarters are based in Paris, 10 minutes’ walk from the Opera and the Louvre.
In 2012, convinced of the growth potential of Devialet and the quality of its revolutionary products, a group of prestigious entrepreneurs invested in the company, including LVMH CEO Bernard Arnault and Free founder Xavier Niel. They gave Devialet the resources to disrupt, grow and conquer the world of audio.
In 2015, the US subsidiary Devialet Inc. was created and entered the US market with a strong audio dealer network, select retailers such as Apple and MoMa, and a robust e-commerce business. In 2016, Devialet Inc. will enter a new investment phase by opening its first flagship store in the US (SoHo NY), by doubling its store locations with Apple and by partnering with department stores while boosting strong marketing campaigns.
The primary role of this position is to assist the Store Manager to successfully launch Devialet’s first-ever Flagship location in the US and then exceed determined sales volume on a monthly basis. Under the supervision of the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager is expected to :
- Exploit and reinforce brand integrity and exposure through sales, clienteling, merchandising, training and sales support.
- Nurture strong relationships with VIP clients and Press exposure.
- Perfectly Replace Store Manager every time it is necessary and manage the team.
- Engage our growing NY audience through unique events and partnerships.
- Under the supervision of the Store Manager, run all day-to-day operations at a app. 2000 sqft Flagship store location in one of the most-coveted blocks of SoHo, NY.
- Along with the Store Manager, build and manage a team of 5-6 highly efficient sales associates.
- Achieve and exceed monthly, quarterly, annual sales goals set by direction.
- Ensure daily reporting of main qualitative and quantitative KPIs.
- Be on top of product innovations during training sessions in Paris and then frequently conduct in-store training sessions with sales associates.
- Working with the Marketing and Merchandizing Teams in adherence of corporate guidelines to maximize sales and brand exposure.
- Create tools and organization to foster clienteling efforts and increase customer engagement through events and special communication.
- Work closely with all departments: Customer Support, Finance, Operations, and Marketing to ensure corporate guidelines and procedures are adhered within the team at the store.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Retail management in a consumer electronics or luxury retail company
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bilingual in English – French or any other languages beneficial
- Leadership qualities with high ambitions
- Fast-learner and perfectionist
- Autonomy, Problem solving abilities and entrepreneurial drive are essential
- Excellent written/verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office Pack (Excel) and Outlook
- Well-spoken, strong presentation and communication skills required
- Training, Workforce Management, SAP, Salesforce experience - beneficial
- High energy to cope with a versatile and fast-paced environment
- Ability to represent the brand
Location: New York
Adrien Da Maia
General Manager North America